Saturday, March 23, 2013

My downfall.

Most of my friends know this about me. I have many downfalls.
My biggest downfall is probably the fact that in my mind wrong is wrong. Right is right.
To waiver on this is so very hard for me.
My mind says its wrong, don't do it.
My heart says extend a little grace, but if its wrong address it [lovingly] and don't do it.

When its right, by all means it right.
Encourage the right.
But lets not idolize the person for the right, rather thank Jesus for the right He has done and letting us see the right.
to Him be the glory.

These last few days, I've been really struggling with the wrong is wrong.
This area I do not want to waiver on.
I'm praying constantly about it.  Loosing sleep over my prayer time.
This has very much to do with my kids.
Wrongs being done to them.
turning a bling eye is wrong.

I can not. I will not turn a blind eye. I am their mom.

Am I looking for perfection? No. Absolutely not. Perfection was only done on the cross.
I know we can not expect that in this human world.
However, does this mean we should not try?
Absolutely not.
Jesus asks us to strive for righteousness.

 And seeing the multitudes, He went up on a mountain, and when He was seated His disciples came to Him. Then He opened His mouth and taught them, saying:
“Blessed are the poor in spirit,
    For theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are those who mourn,
    For they shall be comforted.
Blessed are the meek,
    For they shall inherit the earth.
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
    For they shall be filled.
Blessed are the merciful,
    For they shall obtain mercy.
Blessed are the pure in heart,
    For they shall see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers,
    For they shall be called sons of God.
10 Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake,
    For theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
 Matthew 5:1-10

I strive for this righteousness in everything I do.
I. fail. constantly.
But I don't give up.

 So pray for me.  That my heart would be pure.
and that righteousness would prevail.

Love you friends!
Gina


No comments: