Saturday, April 2, 2011

Its been a very busy week!

Sorry I haven't posted in a little bit. I have been super busy. We started on our beds...and as of today they are both finished...I will have a picture soon...as soon as they're stained. The first bed took 6 hours and the second just under 4 hours. Not too bad. They are sturdy as I'll get out. They feel like I purchased new mattresses but I didn't...guess that shows how awful the bed frames were! We ended up making the farmhouse twin bed instead of the pictured ones, because after I thought about it, my boys would probably prefer a bed without the boxes underneath...kinda seemed a little too kiddish...and well since they are 11 and 10 now, you know!
Since I finished that project I did take our left over wood and made the American Girlish bed that is on Ana-whites blog. Let me just say....the big beds were easier than that little toy bed! Honestly I thought I was going to rip my hair out...and just as I'd feel that way, my husband to the rescue! YAY!!

What we learned with our 1st builds:

Not the best idea to cut a 2X4 in half to get a 2X2...just go and buy one!

You will probably get irritated with your spouse while building...you know your always right ;)

Don't assume your husband or your wife knows where your hands are when picking out wood...this will result in smashed fingers! OUCHE!!!

You will probably get irritated with your spouse while building...HE knows He's always right ;)

Don't think you can do it better than your husband...like when it comes to screwing in the screws because you just might miss the screw and screw your finger instead...OUCHE!!

You will probably get irritated with your spouse while building...you know your always right ;)

Don't use the length of your pinky to measure the wood overage...Not exactly precise! oyy!!

You will probably get irritated with your spouse while building...HE knows He's always right ;)

Laugh hard at the opportunity to laugh, if you don't you may just end up cryin!

You know your always right! ;)

We are on spring break this week so hopefully I will be able to post some more, I promise to post a pick of the beds once they are stained!

XOXO!
Gina

No comments: