Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Baking with my sweet pea....






Today, well actually this morning i decided to do some baking. We love fresh baked goods in this house. I took out pumpkin from my freezer last night because while we were at Sams club yesterday, this amazing pumpkin smell filled the entire store...all from their bakery department. I said I'm going home and making something pumpkiny.{probably not a word.} And well I actually ended up making these amazing donuts because the pumpkin had to defrost. I will post some recipes below. The donuts were amazing, but I was still craving that pumpkin something. So I get up this morning, pumpkin defrosted{YES!} and get out the lap top, and I type into google... recipe for pumpkin something. Well who new there was a website for pumpkin something. Had NOTHING of what I was looking for. So I went to my old faithful website...that i just Love. Tammy's recipes. I looked and looked until I found a pumpkin with cream filling cupcake. I used less sugar and oil to make them just regular muffins for morning, and add the cream filling for cupcakes for night. The recipe made two dozen. Perfect. The house smelled amazing. Its like the perfect fall day outside. This is my perfect day. Now if only my son hadn't possibly broken his finger...I wouldn't even have to leave this perfect smelling house today.
My helper was Em for this project....I try to get different kids involved when I bake or cook, so I get a little one on one time with each of them. It works out well for us.

Pumpkin cupcakes/muffins...





Ingredients:

4 eggs
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup oil
15 ounce can of solid-pack pumpkin* or 1 and 7/8 cups fresh pumpkin
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

Cream Filling:

1 Tablespoon cornstarch
1 cup milk
1/2 cup shortening**
1/4 cup butter, softened***
2 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Instructions:

1. To make cupcakes, combine eggs, sugar, oil, and pumpkin in a mixing bowl and stir well. In another bowl, combine dry cupcake ingredients and then add to pumpkin mixture, mixing well.




2. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350 degrees for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick or fork inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes and then remove to wire racks to cool completely.

3. To make cream filling, whisk together the cornstarch and milk in a saucepan until smooth. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, and boil for a minute or until mixture thickens slightly. Cool to room temperature.

4. In mixing bowl, cream shortening, butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Gradually add room-temperature shortening mixture, beating until light and fluffy.

5. Using a sharp knife, cut a 1-inch diameter cone shape out of the top of each cupcake. Carefully remove tops and set aside. Spoon filling into cupcakes and replace tops.

this recipe is also from Tammy's recipes...LOVE her site.


Donuts{holes}

1 can of pillsbury buiscuts rolled small into little pieces

1 pan of oil.

fry for a long time....if they seem to be getting too dark, remove the pan from the heat of the stove and let them cook for like 3-5 minute then put back on heat and finish cooking to what appears to be fully cooked donuts holes.

take out of oil, let drain for a second.

use a bowl with a lid or brown paper bag, add sugar and cinnamon to taste.

Place cooked donuts holes in sugar and cinnamon and shake around.

ready to serve hot. :)

Sounds kinda not so good...best donuts ever!



The other night my husband had went to see a movie with his bff...and I decided to do some freezer cooking, since a friend had just posted on her facebook account that she was doing it that day. It was the perfect reminder at the perfect time. Football season is so crazy around here, that the freezer meals work out perfectly. I only made 3 full meals and 4 sides, but it will be just enough for this week...i must say it is hard to do freezer meals when you have a small freezer...I need a freezer for the garage so I can have the hook up for meals...but for now I'm thankful for what the Lord has provided us with.
I made...
Homemade hash browns with onions and green peppers
Turkey bacon
sloppy joe mix...just need to warm and serhttp://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gifve.
chicken pot pie..with a cream cheese flaky crust. recipe
breakfast bake...eggs, turkey sausage, homemade hash browns...can just add cheese and warm and serve or warm and place it tortillas for breakfast burritos.
Shreded bbq chicken sandwhich mix. This I just shred the chicken and freeze, then that afternoon put in a crock pot with bbq sauce on low or warm and when dinner time just throw them on buns and add cheese.

I have more things on the list to make...when I make them I will update my blog with the recipe.
XOXO.
Gina
P.S.
I'm going to start listing some resells of my clothing I use to make...I'll post a link to ebay when its up. ;)

No comments: