Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Oh my heart yearns....

Today I spent a good portion of my day with my little man.  The Mister had the older little man at work with him today...and my sister had the little lady...
It was a beautiful date day.


I love to chat about things that are meaningful.  Not just the everyday.  I asked him...how he felt like school was going...does he feel that he is being more focused and trying harder or is the teacher being softer? He has been struggling with staying motivated to get his work done in the midst of a pile of work...more than He is use to.

That was my little intro into how our conversation of if he really trusts God.  Or is it something that Dad and Mom believe?  His little heart almost made me weep.  He said Mom...I've seen GOD provide for us..I've seen him work!  I wanted to just jump for joy.  He has seen the mighty hand of such a loving and tender God.  My son whom is just 10!  He admitted sometimes I have a hard time believing He is real, but I just believe Mom because its right...He's right Mom!  [Praise God.] My heart leaped again..because at his age I didn't know Jesus the way my son does.  Is my son perfect no.  I'm okay with that.  I'm in love with the fact that He's honest.  Shares where he struggles and where He is at with the Lord.
I told him My heart right now is yearning to go to Africa.  I told him I believe God is going to challenge us more than ever before there.  He's going to show us how to pray.  To pray the way we have prayed before...to be broken for the broken hearted...to not just ask with our mouths but that our hearts would scream to the Lord for His mighty hand of provision and protection for these kids that have nothing.  I told Ez that God is going to have us trust him in ways we use to have too...to totally rely on Him.  I'm excited for this.  I want my kids to see again how Loving...tender hearted....Mighty....Mighty to SAVE our Jesus is.
He said he is excited to go....doesn't know if he could live there...I sence some fear in him...so if you will please pray for him.  While he is a big guy...with crazy talent on the ball field....and an awesome personality...way above his age...He is just as tender as can be.  I love this about him.  I pray he never hardens his heart...that He always stays tender...especially to the Lord.  
Yesterday I started reading in Jonah.  A missionary of the Lord....one that ran the other way.  I prayed dear Lord...is there a correlation?  I love that even though Jonah disobeyed God and ran the other way that as He sat in the belly of that whale he cried out to the Lord...knowing that God would not abandon him!....

My sister painted some canvas' as a fundraiser for our Mission Trip...to help provide for our family to get there.  We've done some great fundraising for FEED [1] Orphan Ministry ....but hardly any to get us there....

The turquoise one is aprox 6X8...its small....but so perfectly worded...many days I must choose joy!  Price:contact us with your donation amount...

This Micah 6:8 is simply beautiful.  it is very thin..and has no hanging ability...would sit nicely on a shelf or ledge...  Price: contact us with your donation amount....

I pray your day was beautiful.

XOXO!
Gina

No comments: