Thursday, March 29, 2012

Taking it captive...

My thoughts. They have been known to run wild...unlike me on a treadmill [see previous post for image]...but more like a runner..or wild tiger looking to devour its prey.
They have a purpose....my thoughts that is. What that purpose is... Well the best I could describe is to condemn me and everyone around me. The lord warns us in his word to take our thought captive... 2 corinthians 10:5...To look to Jesus....this is my biggest struggle.

As I was praying this morning with the kids...we prayed for discernment for knowing the difference between condemnation and conviction....this being spurred on by my thoughts of wanting to close myself off completely of others...so tired of feeling condemned instead of encouraged, by friends, family on occasion and acquaintances...and yes these thoughts came at 3:30am when sweet baby boy awoke...
I know the difference between condemnation and conviction...my kids know the difference as well...but because Satan is a jerk while in the midst of these feelings it's like we have had our brain and knowledge of what we know about certain biblical principles sucked completely dry or down right out of our minds.
The lord in his word once again just recaptivated me and my heart. He knew what I was dealing with...and his word reading verse by verse, chapter by chapter spoke to me. Matthew 15 : 11-20...if you have a study bible read the notes for 16-20...so encouraging!

Know I didn't have to go search for his help and encouragement this morning...he knew where I was at...what I needed to hear...and by his grace, i had a willing heart to hear him speak to me.

Psalm 119:11 your word I have hidden in my heart, that I might not sin against you.

I hope you all know I'm just being real with you all. It's all I know to be. Sometimes me being real has its disadvantages because when I see wrong I feel the desire so deep to say something... But just as much if I see something good I feel the need to shout it from the roof top or my blog whichever is easiest.

Keepin it real as best as I know how.
Xoxo
Gina

No comments: