Saturday, August 25, 2012

I'm being worked on...ouch!

So I'm sitting here watching the harvest crusade in California on the iPad...gungers worship was so beautiful! Look em up! There amazing.

Last night we had a rough night. Our neighbors who have continually hurt our family...in many ways and in many circumstances...once again showed themselves true to who they are...
They decided to through a party starting at 10pm...I've never seen so many kids from flint as I did in our court last night...there was probably 100 kids minimum filtering though our court...most of them didn't even make it into the house for the party...but rather lingered outside and causes a bunch of noise....and were doing things in the back seat of there cars.. :/ They knew the time to leave...10:58 on the button they were running to there cars...squealing out of our sub. The police showed up...two minutes after 11....
Well we are no stups..we know a party isn't gonna start this late and only go for 1 hour..so we watched and sure enough around 11:30 the cars [new ones and old] filtered through our small court...this time the police came out around midnight and told all the lingering kids to leave...most of them were just "hanging" out in their cars. Well not 15 minutes after the 3 po-pos left more cars showed up.
Around 1:30 am we finally decided to try to go to sleep.
I was frustrated. Many thoughts went through my mind....such as These people are going to trash this house.
They haven't even paid there rent or any of there late fees from not paying the month before for over 15 days late. They say there good Christian family that has just gotten a bad rap..they've said it's always someone else's fault...but now we see the truth...the lies they've told...the act of Carelessness towards our neighborhood.
I went to bed last night and I had his song stuck in my head by tenth avenue north "losing"...
Mainly the part that says "oh father forgive them for they don't know what they've been doin."
And
Oh father give me grace to forgive them cause I feel like the one losin.

here are the lyrics:
Losing lyrics



I can't believe what she said
I can't believe what he did
Oh, don't they know it's wrong
Don't they know it's wrong
Well maybe there's something I missed
But how could they treat me like this
It's wearing out my heart
The way they disregard
This is love or this is hate...
We all have a choice to make
Oh, Father wont You forgive them
They don't know what they've been doin' (oh no)
Oh Father, give me grace to forgive them
Cause I feel like the one losin'
Well it's only the dead that can live
But still I wrestle with this
To lose the pain that's mine
Seventy times seven times
Cause Lord it doesn't feel right
For me to turn a blind eye
Though I guess it's not that much
When I think of what You've done.
This is love or this is hate...
We gotta a choice to make

Oh Father won't You forgive them
They don't know what they've been doin' (oh no)
Oh Father, give me grace to forgive them
Cause I feel like the one losin'
Why do we think that our hate's gonna break a hard heart
We're rippin arms over wars that don't need to be fought
Cause pride wont let us lay our weapons on the ground
We build our bridges up but it's just to burn them down
We think our pain is own apologies and get them to stop
Well truth be told it doesn't matter if their sorry or not
Cause freedom comes when we surrender to the sound
Of Your mercy and Your grace, Father, send Your angels down
Oh Father wont you forgive them
They don't know what they've been doin'
Oh Father, give me grace to forgive them
Cause I feel like the one losin'
I feel like I've been losing
Oh Father wont you forgive them
They don't know what they've been doin'
Oh Father, give me grace to forgive them
Cause I feel like the one losin'
I feel like I've been losing
Oh Father, give me grace to forgive them
Cause I feel like the one losin'

So when I woke up this mornin I was still irritated...I looked out into our normally quiet court [well until our neighbors rented our brothers house] and I saw trash. Booz...and a cd that says incarcerated on it.
The booz bottle was big and it broke my heart because these kids were young..not old enough to drink...and the cd was so sad to me because why would you want to listen to a cd with that title?
My goal was to go out and pick up the court...once we got back from picking up em's friend to spend the night...
But on the way to pick up em's friend ..my husband put on the new 10th avenue north...and my son says "hey dad, can we put on that song...losin?". I didn't know what song it was until it played...sure enough...it was the song that the I had in my heart last night. I think Jesus is trying to tell me something. Then on our way home it's on the radio again....and you know I made a point to listen to each word...and it is our neighbors...
I'm praying that the lord continue to work in me the work he wants to. But I know I still need to pray..for them...for their hearts...and my heart...because I am stupid...I do hold grudges...I don't want to forgive them...for all the hurt and them being inconsiderate of our neighborhood and all the grace we've extended to them already and them throwing it in our face.
We got home and someone had already cleaned it up...pretty sure it was the other neighbor...So sweet of our neighbors to do that.
You know the part in the song that says oh father give me the grace to forgive them cause I feel like the one losin...
After thinking about that..we are the ones losin, if we choose not to forgive and extend grace. I don't think I will ever be best friends with them...but I choose to forgive them for their nonsense and lack of care for all we've done for them.
Listen to this song...it's beautiful...and teaching me...I'm praying it in.

Just keepin it real,
Gina
oh don't forget to watch harvest America... Harvest.org tonight 9pm and tomorrow 7pm. Praying for hearts to be changed and encouraged and lives to be given over to Jesus.

No comments: