Friday, September 28, 2012

this girl...

So this girl woke up today with a "stomach ache" and loose bowels...per her.


 I said okay, well your getting old enough to decide if this is sick enough to stay home. 
She himmed and haughed a few seconds...
and then said yeah, i probably should stay home so i don't get my friends sick.

So we do our normal whirl wind drop kids off at school...tell teacher em won't be in class...get any school work that she had to get done today.
take Kevin to parent visit...
come home...

I get Em started on school.
2 minutes into it...
Em:
"mom can I go jump on the trampoline?  I think i need a break."
Me: "um no."

5 minutes later....
Em:
"mom can i go play with my bunny?"
Me: starting to think i've been taken a little advantage of.."um no."

5 minutes later....
Em:
"mom...can i watch tv?
Me: "em no...if your sick you can't do those things...you gotta just sit and rest...and if you aren't sick then maybe you should have went to school.
 Em: okay.

I proceed to mopping the floors...and i'm talking to jesus...and then quietly He says to me..."maybe she just is feeling like she needs more time with you..especially with all the craziness of kevin and how much he requires of you."

Me:"Em....come over here and sit with me"
Em:
okay...runs right over, puts her arms around me and holds on tight...
Me: i'm thanking God for his beautiful wisdom of what she needed...cause my flesh had no idea...we sat and read the bible together while we snuggled...
Man i'm thankful i'm not doing this parenting thing alone...Obviously i have a great husband along my side...but god's infinite widsom is so beautiful..and perfect.


And then i read this...i just had to put it on my chalk board...a great reminder.
James 3:17-18
 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy. 18 Now the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.

Hows your day?

XOXO!
Gina

2 comments:

nic said...

i know what you just posted about being a girl in need of grace (everything in me is saying ME TOO), but also you are SUCH a wise and loving mama--especially in those moments when you are open to God's leading, and you follow.

love you, gina.

Gina said...

Awe nic! Love you my friend!