Tuesday, February 12, 2013

kids...

Today I was reading in 1st Timothy chapter 6.  And verse 11 & 12 really stuck out to me this morning...and ya know I should know when something really sticks out as much as these two verses did that God is going to give me the change to exercise the verses...

but you, o man of God, flee these things and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, gentleness.  Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, to which you were also called and have confessed the good confession in the presence of many witnesses.
1st timothy 6:11 & 12

Isaac got up and said he'd been up all night with a headache and cough...i checked his temp and he was running a fever...poor buddy. I felt so bad.
So obviously he stayed home from school.

I hear sniffling and ezra is extra quiet. I said, "hey bud, you okay?"  He said "ya" and walked away. I could tell he was not doing well.  We get in the car and he's looking out the window. And the verse pops in my head, "love, patience, gentleness."  I quickly pray and ask God for those attributes.  Then I proceed to ask Ezra what is wrong? Finally he said I don't want to go to school without Isaac, because he always makes his day better. I told him that he had to go to school, and that His day will be just fine if he changed his perspective. Then we prayed.

Took Em into school, and as I was waiting for a friend, two minutes later here comes Em running out to me, with a sad look on her face. She grabbed me and just held on for dear life and just started bawling. She just kept saying "I don't want to stay, i want to go with you.  I will miss you too much." Poor thing....broke my heart.  Part of me really wanted to take her home with me.  But we hugged for a while, and i told her how much i loved her and how much fun she's going to have with her friends in class.  I walked her back to her class and her good friend put a bff bracelet on her desk.  How sweet!  I told her how much i loved her and her teacher[who I LOVE!] talked to the class and played with em's hair like I normally do...and she calmed down, and I was able to leave her....thankful I was able to be gentle and loving and patient with her....[her teacher spoke to me and said, i just love how close you guys are as a family. She had great perspective! another reason why i love her!]

Got back to the car where her brother was still waiting...in hopes I'd say he didn't have to go. Poor buddy. I know how they both feel. I use to hate leaving my mom. He had to go to school. So i walked him in...told him he would be fine...that I loved him and then walked him into his class...a bit begrudgingly but I got him in his class.
I wish I would have tattooed his arm again...but I didn't...so i texted him HIS verse... Heb 12:1.  I hope it makes a difference for him.  He just texted me a kiss...

I called my husband as I left the school to let him know the rough morning the kids had...and while we might have disagreed a bit on the situation at hand..I'm so thankful he trusts me and the decision i made to spend a little extra time with the kids at school this morning, being patient and gentle.  Years ago I could not say this about us...we both have grown so much in our marriage through the Lord. Thanks babe for being a GREAT husband!

See, I know this is just a short time in their lives that they will be like this. I pray I can always remember this verse...and do it well....

I'm thankful for my Jesus and his wisdom and perspective, for a husband who is kind and supportive even if he doesn't understand being emotional [he can't cry friends! seriously!] and my kids...they are a joy even in the tears...I couldn't help but laugh a little today with them both being so emotional....I just remember being so much like them when i was their ages...

So happy tuesday friends...
Gina

No comments: